Mining power or mPower is the name given to how much strength or boost you have behind your DHX mining. It generally relates to how much MXC you have.
Mining power is determined by the following:
- How much MXC you have locked,
- How long you have locked the MXC for; and
- Whether you have an M2 Pro miner or not (having an M2 Pro doubles your mPower).
Mining power is calculated as follows:
- For each lockdrop, the amount of mining power is equal to the amount of MXC locked with an added bonus for the duration of the lock - 10% for 9 months lock, 20% for 12 months lock and 40% for 24 months lock. Each month here is 30 days of 24 hours.
- If you have miner/s, then your mining power is doubled. However, not more than 1,000,000 (one million) of mining power for every miner. If you have 1 miner then up to 1 million of mining power can be doubled. If you have 2 miners then up to 2 millions of mining power can be doubled. If the miner's uptime during the day was less than 100%, then the amount of mining power that it can double is reduced proportionally. As example, if the miner was online only for 18 hours during the day, then it can only double up to 750,000 of mining power.
- If you are a council chair and have a lock that satisfies conditions for creating a council, then you get an additional bonus of 20% of total mining power of all the locks belonging to the council.
Each lock belongs to a certain council. To create your own council, you must create a lockdrop that satisfies the following conditions:
(a) at least 5000000MXC locked for at least 12 months; and
(b) you must have at least 5 gateways.
As a council chair, you will get additional mining power that depends on the mining power of all the locks in the council.
DHX Mining Calculation - Example 1:
You have a lockdrop of 2 million (2,000,000) MXC for 9 months and you have 1 miner that was 100% online during the last day. The mining power of the lockdrop will be 2,000,000 + 200,000 = 2,200,000. Because you have 1 miner, one million of the mining power gets additional 100% boost, so 2,200,000 + 1,000,000 = 3,200,000 of mining power.
DHX Mining Calculation - Example 2:
You have a lockdrop of 5 million (5,000,00) MXC for 9 months and 100,000 MXC for 12 months, and you have 2 miners that were online 100% during the last day. The mining power of lockdrops is 500,000 + 50,000 + 100,000 + 20,000 = 670,000. Because you have 2 miners, up to two millions of mining power gets additional 100% boost. Since you only have 670,000 of mining power, this is the amount that gets doubled: 670,000 + 670,000 = 1,340,000.
DHX Mining Calculation - Example 3:
You are a chair of the council. The total mining power of the council is 25,000,000, that includes mining power of your own lockdrops, and you have a lockdrop that is at least 5,000,000MXC locked for at least 12 months. In this case, you get additionally 20% of council's total mining power, i.e. 5,000,000.
DHX Mining Calculation - Example 4:
You are a chair of the council, but doesn't have lockdrop that satisfies council chair requirements. In this case council chair boost is not awarded.